C.A. Maule Learning Center

mauleMr. C.A. Maule was the longest-serving principal at the old South Marshall Elementary School, serving in that capacity for 19 years from 1957 until his retirement in 1976.

He arrived in Marshall in 1957 after seven years as a principal in Texarkana. During his tenure he was an active member of the South Marshall PTA, serving in most offices of leadership. He was honored by being presented a lifetime members in the Texas Congress of PTA by South Marshall's local PTA organization.

At South Marshall, he took over a facility that had been originally built in 1916 and oversaw the addition of new spaces and wings to the school, as well as the growth of faculty from 19 to 26 overseeing an enrollment of 350-360 students. These students included the first public school kindergarten offered in Marshall schools.

Under Mr. Maule's leadership, South Marshall piloted the first reading lab as well as instituting the individual guided education program in reading skills. Following his retirement, Mr. Maule stayed in the MISD family as a substitute teacher, continuing to add to his personal legacy of making a difference in the lives of Marshall students.
Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2017 West Corporation. All rights reserved.